Disable IM Archiving and Conversation in Lync Server 2013
IM archiving is basically using for Compliance purpose however some organization don’t want to archive anything. I mean no Archiving through server and no IM conversation in Outlook conversation history folder.
Anytime we can enable or Disable Lync IM conversation through Lync Server control panel or Lync Management Shell.
First will think about Lync Server 2013-
When you have enabled Lync Archiving server role and you want to disable Lync archiving.
Disable IM Archiving through Lync Server Control Panel:-
1. Open Lync Server 2013 Control Panel, click on 'Monitoring and Archiving'.2. Under 'Archiving Policy' you will see the 'Global' archiving policy, double click on Global policy for edit the same and remove both check mark.
a. Archive internal communications
b. Archive external communications
3. Click on Commit to save the changes.
4. On Monitoring and Archiving page, click on 'Archiving Configuration', double click on 'Global' policy to edit the same.
5. On policy page under Archiving setting select 'Disable archiving', so that below two option get grayed out. Here Exchange Server integration also get grayed out.
6. Remove check 'Enable purging of archiving data' so that below both option get grayed out.
7. Click on Commit to save the changes.
Open Lync Server Management Shell-
Before disable, you can always use Get command to know archiving status:
Get-CSClientPolicy | fl DisableSavingIM,EnableIMAutoArchiving,EnableCallLogAutoArchiving
To disable all archiving option:
In one go you disable your Archiving enabled option and Lync client IM saving option.
Set-CSClientPolicy -Identity Balu -DisableSavingIM $True -EnableIMAutoArchiving $False -EnableCallLogAutoArchiving $False
Now again you can run the above get command let to know the result.See the below result: