How to disable Emoticon through Lync Server 2010 and 2013?
Recently someone asked me about, how to disable emoticons, this is very simple to disable emoticons from Lync client however if you want disable emoticons for all user then what?
See list of Emoticons-
No worries, you can easily disable the emoticons for all your Lync user.
Disable emoticons form Lync client or for single user:
Open Lync and click on 'Options' under general tab you will see, option for emoticons.Just uncheck mark 'Show emoticons in messages'. Refer the image.
Disable Emoticons for all user using Power Shell:
1. Open Lync Server Management Shell.
2. Type below command to create new policy to disable emoticon.
New-CsClientPolicy -Identity Test1
3. You need to see newly created policy
Cmd let: Get-CsClientPolicy -Identity Test1
4. You have Client policy created, now you need to set policy to disable emoticons.
See the below command let for the same.
Set-CsClientPolicy -Identity Test1 -DisableEmoticons $True
5. Now you policy with emoticons disable however you need to apply this policy to user without apply it cannot be disable emoticons.
Here you have choice, you can apply policy, USER, SITES and GLOBAL
Will apply to my account and see.
Grant-CsClientPolicy -Identity Baluilag -PolicyName Teat1
6. Time to login on Lync and see the policy is working or not.
Login to Lync client and try to end any emoticons. J Emoticons option got disabled / grayed out means you cannot select and send emoticons.
However you can manually type and send emoticons.
You can remove the policy using simple command let.
Grant-CsClientPolicy -Identity Baluilag -PolicyName $Null