Outlook cannot log on. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.
Issue: Unable to configure Outlook profile in Outlook 2010 externally.
Error: Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.
Recently I have faced strange issue where user unable to configure Outlook externally. However Exchange 2010 is properly configured and worked fine internally.
Whenever we configured using outlook anywhere, sometimes it prompt for credential however credential never except.
Check Exchange 2010 server all settings, including outlook anywhere, autodiscover, permission etc.
Finally I found solution.
Resolution was very simple,
In order to resolve the issue,
1. Log on to Exchange 2010 Server.
2. Open Services (Run> services.msc)
3. Make sure the "Microsoft Exchange Address Book" Service was running on each Exchange server.
4. If service is already running then just restart the "Microsoft Exchange Address Book" Service.
5. As soon you started that service, all users will be able to successfully connect to Exchange 2010 through Outlook 2010.