Topic: Lync 2013 client not show picture.
Basically ‘Edit or Remove Picture’ option will shows greyed out in Lync 2013 client. Microsoft Lync Server 2010 provided the ability for users to view photos of their contacts and user can make their own photos available to Lync using URL. Typically these photos were stored as part of the user's thumbnailPhoto attribute in Active Directory.
However in Lync Server 2013 photos can be stored in a user's Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 mailbox not on web URL or Active Directory. So due to that user cannot show photo on Lync 2013 if they don’t have Exchange Server 2013 products.
Workaround / Resolution:
Note: There is no way to show photo on Lync 2013 client using URL or thumbnailPhoto attribute in Active Directory.
1. You install Lync 2010 client on your computer where you want to show Photo on Lync client.
2. After Lync 2010 installation ask user to login on Lync 2010 using SIP address (Sign-in address).
3. Show photo on Lync 2010, using URL or thumbnailPhoto attribute in AD.
4. Wait for 20-30 min after login on Lync 2010 and go to below path-
5. Now you can log off from Lync 2010.
6. Install Lync 2013 on same computer and login on Lync 2013 and see you will be able to see photo.