Issue: How to disable Public IM Connectivity (PIC) for all user in Lync 2010?
Recently I have federation My Lync 2010 organization with partner Lync. Later Administrator enabled all user for Lync Federation, Remote Login and Public access.
However management want to allow only Lync federation and Remote access to user not Public access (PIC).
Resolution is very simple, you need assign different external access policy in order to resolve issue.
1. Log on to Lync Front end server.
2. Open Microsoft Lync Server Control Panel.
3. On LSCP, click on ‘External User Access’, on right hand pane see the list of external access policy.
4. There are 8 by default external access policy you will see. Look for policy which will have ‘Federation+Outside access however does not have ‘Public Access’.
5. Currently user has "Allow Federation+Public+Outside access" policy assigned.
6. Appropriate policy is “Allow Federation+Outside Access”.
7. Now you know the policy however need to assign this policy to all user.
8. Open “Lync Server Management Shell” and they below command to assign above policy.
PS C:\> Get-CsUser | Grant-CsExternalAccessPolicy -PolicyName "Allow Federation+Outside access"