Issue: Unable to join Audio Video Conferencing.
Error: The conferencing service did not respond. Please wait...
When users trying to join AV conferencing via Lync 2010 client. Users getting above error, you can see conference windows with error that service did not respond.
When I checked event viewer and found couple of error where internal AV certificate got expired.
Resolution / Workaround:
Login to Lync Audio Video server and open event viewer see the current error events.
In my case there was couple of error saying the internal certificates is expire and need to renew the certificate.
1. Open “Lync Deployment Wizard”.
2. Click on “Install or update Lync server system”.
3. On Lync Server 2010- Deployment Wizard, click on ‘Run Again’ under “Request, Install or Assign Certificates”.
4. Click on certificate and request new certificate using same SAN name with export private key.
5. Keep certificate request file on one of the folder and remember the folder path because once you received certificate you need keep certificate on same folder for private key.
6. Once you received certificate import the certificate using MMC.
Use below article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb950259%28v=bts.10%29.aspx)
7. Then go to “Lync Deployment Wizard” and assign the same certificate to Lync.
8. Exit the Wizard.
9. Refresh the Lync 2010 client and try the Lync AV conferencing.
10. Now users are able to use Lync conferencing without any issue.