Issue: Unable to share control with Lync federated partner and Control option is grayed out.
Recently I have setup the Lync Federation with our one of partner. Federation is working fine and people are able to IM each other and desktop sharing working fine however user unable to share control with federated user.
Open Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Control Panel using you CsAdministrator or with required permission.
1. Open Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Control Panel.
2. Click on 'Conferencing'.
3. Under Conferencing click on 'Conferencing Policy'.
4. You will see 'Global' policy. Click on policy and click on 'Edit' and select 'Show details...'
5. In "Edit Conferencing Policy - Global" under "Application sharing:", from list select 'Enable application sharing'.
6. Check the 'Allow participants to take control' and Check the 'Allow federated and anonymous participants to take control'.
7. Click on 'Commit'
8. Refresh and wait for some time and check and desktop sharing and control.