Issue: How to force the Lync 2013 client to download the address book immediately.
Users complaining that unable to search contacts in Lync 2013 client.
You can follow below steps to download address book.
1. Exit the Lync 2013 client. (Check in Task manager and end Lync.exe).
2. Go to below location and delete the user sip profile.
For Windows 7:
For Windows XP Prof:
%Userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Communicator\firstname.lastname@example.org
You have to change Userprofile with affected user name.
If address book is not downloaded and contact search not working then do the below:
1. Log on to affected computer.
2. Exit Lync 2013 client from task manager end process (lync.exe).
3. Open command prompt and enter below command and press enter button.
reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync /v GalDownloadInitialDelay /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
4. Now Open Lync 2013 client and login on it.
5. Check the address book location and see the address files.