Issue: Unable to see “Show a picture from a website” option on Lync 2013 client.
Error: No specific error message.
Microsoft has given option in Lync 2010 client to show Photo using web site however same option is discontinued in Lync 2013 client.
However after September CU 2013 Microsoft allowed to show photo on Lync 2013 client using client policy (EnablePresencePhotoOptions).
See the above Image where ‘Show a picture from a website’ option not available.
Resolution:Follow below steps to show photo on Lync 2013 client.
1. Log on to Lync server and open Lync management Shell.
2. Type following command let:
$a=New-CsClientPolicyEntry -Name EnablePresencePhotoOptions -Value True
$b=Get-CsClientPolicy –Identity Global
Set-CsClientPolicy -Instance $b
This command is set the client policy to Global. Mean everyone applied.
3. Now wait for 5 min and log of from Lync 2013 client and log in again.
4. Now you can see the “Show a picture from a website” option under
Tools > Options > My Picture > Show a picture from a website.
5. If you want to remove the policy in any reason the run the following command let.
Set-CsClientPolicy -Identity global -PolicyEntry $Null
Wait for couple of minutes and see “Show a picture from a website” not available.