Lync cannot connect to the Exchange Server. Please try signing out and signing back in. Outlook contact and calendar information will be unavailable until the connection is restored.
Issue: Outlook Integration error
Error: Lync cannot connect to the Exchange Server. Please try signing out and signing back in. Outlook contact and calendar information will be unavailable until the connection is restored.
There are many reason behind it. Like Save IM conversation option is not checked, conversation history folder missing or folder deleted etc. It’s all about Exchange web service sync if it not work then conversation history will not save.
In my case issue was little different. Here are the steps need to follow in order to resolve issue.
1. Go to Lync 2013 > Tools > Options > Personal and select ‘Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook’ under Personal information manager.
And check the ‘Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder’.
In my case both was checked.
2. Check Conversation history folder is available in Outlook. If it’s there then take backup of old ‘Conversation History’ folder and then delete old folder and close outlook and Lync. Wait for few minutes to get Conversation History folder appeared. In my case History folder was available.
3. In your outlook 2013, make sure that Conversation History folder exist and that you didn’t accidently delete or move it. In my case only one folder available.
4. However Conversation history was not saving in Outlook. Later I checked from Exchange side,
5. Run the below command let:
Got result as 1069 folder.
6. Basically, Make sure that user does not have 1000 or more folders in his mailbox. If more => 1000 item them instruct then conversation history will not work.
7. I instructed user to delete some folders and made it less than 1000 folder. After then it was started working.