The email address that is used in your default Outlook profile differs from the sign-in address that is used in Lync 2010.
Error: The email address that is used in your default Outlook profile differs from the sign-in address that is used in Lync 2010.
Recently user complain that whenever he open Outlook and Lync he use to receive above error.
Basic troubleshooting is to:
1. Verify that the user’s Primary SMTP setting matches the user’s SIP Address setting. If not then make it same.
2. If Primary SMTP address and SIP address not possible to same then enabled user using SAM account.
3. If you change the Primary SMTP or SIP Address setting, wait 24-48 hours for replication to occur.
In order to resolve issue you can disable the email comparison:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate, and then right-click the following registry subkey:
3. Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type DisableEmailComparisonCheck as the name of new registry entry, and then press ENTER.
5. Double-click DisableEmailComparisonCheck, type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
6. Close Registry Editor.
7. Restart Lync 2010 and Outlook.
8. Now user will not receive error.