You didn't get signed in. It might be your sign-in address or logon credentials, so try those again.
Issue: Can't sign in to Lync.
Error: You didn't get signed in. It might be your sign-in address or logon credentials, so try those again. If that doesn't work, contact your support team.
Lync login issue is very common issue however resolution is depend on situation. Recently I have received complaint from user were user typing proper credential and SIP address however user is getting login credential error.
Here are the resolution. I have written all possible resolution steps here.
1. Checked SIP address and Login credentials and typing proper credential. However getting login credential. E.g. SIP: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tried to different Lync credential to Lync application, different user was able to login on same machine means Lync application works fine. Issue with user credential only.
3. To confirm the Have tried to login on Lync on different computer using Lync account to narrow down issue however Lync login was not working. Means issue with Lync account or SIP address.
4. Checked SIP address and AD account duplication however no duplicate account found.
5. Moved user to different pool server and checked however Lync login failed. Below is the Move command.
Move-CsUser –Identity “Ilag, Balu” –Target “Lyncpool02.mydomain.com”
6. Enabled Lync login on Lync application and tried to login to get error logged in tracing log. Later reviewed the log however didn’t found exact reason.
7. Later decided to disable Lync SIP account and enable however user has big buddy list so before disable Lync account need to export User Lync contact list.
Command for Export Lync contact in Lync Server 2013.
Export-CsUserData -PoolFqdn lyncpool01.mydomain.com -UserFilter email@example.com -FileName lync2013user1.zip
Later disabled Lync user using Lync Control panel. Just find user and double click on it remove enable check mark and submit the changes.
Disable-CsUser –Identity “Ilag, Balu”
After an hour enable the Lync account however Lync was not working. Something is there with SIP address only.
8. So Finally decided to change Lync SIP address with different name like. Balu.firstname.lastname@example.org
You can user below power shell command to change SIP address.
Set-CsUser –Identity “Ilag, Balu” –SIPAddress sip:email@example.com
After SIP address changes. User is able to Sign-in on Lync without any issue.
9. Now time to import the Lync contact list of user.
Import-CsUserData -PoolFqdn lyncpool01.mydomain.com -UserFilter balu.ilag1 -FileName lync2013user1.zip
Now everything set and working fine. J
Leave your valuable comments if article is useful for you.