Lync 2013 client user guide and troubleshooting guide.
Here are the common troubleshooting steps for Lync 2013 client.
1. How to Login on Lync 2013?In order to login on Lync you must have SIP address. Get SIP from your Lync administrator.
And use below steps to login on Lync.
Sign-in address: Balu.firstname.lastname@example.org
User Name: domain\yourID
Password: your domain password.
2. How to enable Outlook integration with Lync?
a. Open Outlook first.
b. Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync 2013 > click on Gear Icon > Options > Personal > under ‘Personal Information Manager’ select “Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Outlook”.
c. Do not select “None”
3. Unable to save Lync Conversation history in Outlook.
Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > Under 'Personal' tab check mark "Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder".
Also when you want see pictures of contacts then you need to check mark below option.
Under Show pictures check mark "Show pictures of contacts".
If issue persist the refer article:
4. How to show picture from website?
Follow steps in article: http://communicationsknowledge.blogspot.com/2014/09/unable-to-see-show-picture-from-website.html
1. Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > Under 'My Picture' tab, click on "Show a picture from a website" and enter web site web address and check the connection.
2. You can use any web website which is accessible from internal and external network and does not required password. E.g. Linkdin, Facebook etc.
5. How to add mobile number and home phone number in Lync 2013?
1. Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > click on ‘Phones’ > under 'My phone numbers'.
Add the 'Mobile Phone...'
Add the 'Home Phone...'
Add the 'Other Phone...'
Click on OK.
6. How to enable logging on Lync 2013?
1. Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > Click on 'General' tab > under 'Help your support team help you' -> Logging in Lync: "Full".
Select "Also turn on Windows Event logging for Lync to collect troubleshooting info".
7. How to show Lync status as 'Do Not Disturb when I present my desktop' when desktop sharing?
1. pen Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > Click on 'Status' tab > under 'Status'.
Check 'Show me as Do Not Disturb when I present my desktop'.
8. How to forward call to delegates?
1. Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > Click on 'Call Forwarding' tab > under 'Call forwarding'.
Check "Forward my calls to:" and Select "My Delegates".
If you want edit delegate members then click on "Edit my delegates members".
9. How to change File transfer path?
Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > Click on 'File Saving' > under 'File transfer' click on 'Browse...' and select the required path.
10. How to change Lync recordings path?
Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > Click on 'Recording' > under 'Lync recordings' click on 'Browse...' and select the required path.
11. How to show the participant list in Lync?
Open Lync 2013 > Login on Lync > Click on 'Options' > Click on 'Lync Meetings' > under 'When i join meetings' check 'Show the participant list'.