Issue: Lync 2013 crashing when make or receive audio or video call?
Recently couple of user complaining about Lync 2013 client is hung and later it crashing.
They have to close and reopen Lync client in order to IM. Whenever affected user make call or receive audio or video calls Lync 2013 client gets hung and later it crash. Instant messaging, multiuser chat everything works fine however it crash when do audio or video.
Resolution / Workaround:
Here are the resolution steps:
1. Open Lync 2013 client and see the version Lync 2013 > Option drop down menu > Help > About Lync > see the version.
Do not use older that above client.
2. Install Lync 2013 updates,
a. Uninstall KB2817465
c. Check if issue resolve. If not then do below.
3. Repair Office 2013 client and see if issue resolves. Not then do next step.
4. Uninstall Office 2013 and reinstall and updated the same.
5. Updated Audio and Video drives. Check AV call for issue resolve.
6. Uninstall Citrix Receiver client application and see the Lync 2013 Audio and Video call works or not.
However my issue has not resolve.
a. When I closely look on Lync 2013 client found resolution.
b. To narrow down the issue, have disconnect all USB devices and used PC Audio device.
c. Later tested Lync Audio and Video calls.
d. Call got through without any issue and Lync client hasn’t crash.
Means Lync 2013 client was crashing due to uncertified USB headphone and camera device drives.
Apply to: Lync 2013 32 and 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 bit.