Step by step process to migrate CMS from Lync Server 2010 to Lync Server 2013.
Recently we have complete Lync migration from 2010 to 2013 and finally
Moved CMS from Lync 2010 to 2013 hence posting this article. I know there are so many article available on web however want to simplify the process.
1. First check CMS location where and which Lync pool holding CMS database. That you can find using Topology builder or PowerShell command let.
2. You must have RTCUniversalServerAdmins group permission and SQL Server database sysadmin user rights and permissions on the database where you want to install the Central Management store.
3. Now login to Front End server using member of above group permission and open Lync Management Shell.
4. Run “Install-CsDatabase -CentralManagementDatabase –SQLServerFQDN "Sql01.mydomain.com” -SQLInstanceName "Default"
5. Publish the topology by running “Enable-CsTopology -Verbose”
6. Now Run “Move-CsManagementServer” from one of the Lync Server 2013 Front Server.
a. Type Y to continue, or N to stop the move.
7. Re-run “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\Deployment\Bootstrapper.exe” to install the CMS services (Master Replica, File Transfer) on all Lync Front End Server (2013).
8. On all Lync Server 2010 front end, re-run “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Deployment\Bootstrapper.exe”
9. Reboot the Lync Server 2013 server Front End one at a time. This is required because of a group membership change to access Central Management Server database.
10.Also Reboot Lync Server 2010 Front End one at a time.
11.Verify Replication using “Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus”
12.Once replication is verified. Wait for 24 hours and remove 2010 CMS databases.
Remove the 2010 CMS databases:
13.Run: Uninstall-CsDatabase –CentralManagementDatabase –SQLServerFQDN "hq1-sql2008.corp.brocade.com" -SqlInstanceName "sql2008"