Issue: Unable to log-in to the LRS Admin portal.
Error: We couldn’t sign you in. Please check your sign-in info and try again.
Configured Lync Room System Admin portal using TechNet article however unable to login using SIP enabled object. Getting error message ‘We couldn’t sign you in. Please check your sign-in info and try again.’
1. Configured and installed LRS room web portal on Front End server.
2. Using Active Directory object with SIP enabled and proper credential.
3. Tried to accessing the admin portal using FQDN of the FE server and also using the localhost however still getting the below error.
i. We couldn't sign you in. Please check your sign-in info and try again.
4. Checked the IIS logs and we were getting below errors.
a. 2015-04-09 02:44:26 fe80::81af:590f:4038:d7f4%12 GET /lrs/ login&reason=401&target=https%3A%2F%2F
%2Flrs%2F 443 -
Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.3;+WOW64;+Trident/7.0;+rv:11.0)+like+Gecko https:// /lrs/ 304 0
5. Checked and verified the IIS setting for the LRS virtual directory all were in place, however the SSL was not checked. Later enabled the SSL (checked the SSL required on the LRS v-directory).
6. Still getting same error. We couldn't sign you in. Please check your sign-in info and try again.
7. Later checked the IIS logs and now getting the below 401 unauthorized errors.
a. 2015-04-09 17:20:57 ::1 GET /lrs/handler - 443 - ::1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.3;+WOW64;+Trident/7.0;+rv:11.0)+like+Gecko https://
/lrs/?login&reason=401&target=https%3A%2F%2F 401 0 0 1 %2Flrs%2F
8. Seeing the requests are hitting the via the IPV6 hence we have disabled the IPV6 using the network setting and also via registry followed below article.
9. Added the pool name in the config file as per the below article step no 6. (This is not required because have LRS and portal on single pool, however want to do all possible things).
Still getting same errorL.
10.Using the host file entry pointed to the POOL FQDN and tried however still getting same error and also same errors in the IIS logs. L
11.Later tried pointing to the web services FQDN using the host file entry like below.
This time it worked. J
12.Later have verified all possible combinations to access the portal, but only using the internal web services FQDN able to access Lync room admin portal.
I have not found any article or information from MICROSOFT that Lync Room System Admin portal will work only using internal web service name.