How to setup pool resiliency in Lync Server 2013?
If you have more than one Lync pool then you can associate backup pool to have resiliency.
Pool will failover to backup and you get redundancy.
This article will help you to set pool resiliency.
1. Log on Front End Server and open Lync Server 2013 topology builder (Assuming that you have CsAdministrator group permission) download existing topology.
2. Expand the pool name where you want to enable for pool resiliency. Right click on pool name and say edit..
3. Edit properties window will open and under resiliency check mark “Associated backup pool” and then select pool name which you need to set as backup pool.
If you want to automatic failover for voice then check mark “Automatic failover and failback for Voice”.
· Keep Voice failure detection interval: 300
· Voice failback interval: 600 as default.
Refer below image:
4. Now time to publish the Topology. After topology published update Lync Server with the changes defined in the topology by running Bootstrapper.exe setup on each Front End server on both Pool.
Default path for bootstrapper.exe: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\Deployment
Bootstrapper.exe will install the Backupservice on each front end server. Refer below image:
5. Check backup Sync status running Invoke-CsBackupServiceSync cmdlet to ensure conferencing data is replicated for both pool using below command let:
6. You may receive below error if “Lync Server Backup service’ is not running on Front End server. Refer error image.
Login to each Front End server and start Lync Server Backup Service. This is new service gets added after enabling pool resiliency. Make sure that backup service is running otherwise you will receive above error and sync command failed. Refer below image:
7. Now run the: Invoke-CsBackupServiceSync –PoolFqdn
verify the backup status.
This command takes while to complete.
If your pool server are not holding CMS then you may receive “No Central Management services were found for the pool you specified to back up.” You can simply ignore this message. Refer the below Image.