Failed to register with back-end database. Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Replica Replicator Agent will continuously attempt to reconnect to the back-end.
Issue: Intermittently Unable to Join Lync meeting / unable to login on Lync.
Problem statement: Intermittently users unable to access Lync resources, Out of three Front End server found one Front End Server is not in services due to that intermittent issue occurs. Affected Front End Server Lync Front End service was in stopped mode. When click on start Front End Service on affected server it remain stopped mode. .
1. Run Get-CsPoolfarbricState –PoolFqdn “pool1.mydomain.com” and found only two Front End Server instead of three Server. Found one FE server is affected
2. Checked event log on affected Front End Server and found multiple error event logs.
Event log shows “Failed to register with back-end database. Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Replica Replicator Agent will continuously attempt to reconnect to the back-end.”
3. Unable to start Lync Front End Service.
4. When I open RTCLOCAL database in SQL Server Management Studio it shows error: Cannot connect to <>\RTCLOCAL
5. Looks like RTCLOCAL service is not running.
6. Manually started SQL Server RTCLOCAL service and Later Lync Front End server service gets started correctly.
7. Able to open RTCLOCAL database in SQL Server management studio.
8. Users are able to access Lync, Lync meeting etc..