Issue: Internal users are unable to upload PowerPoint Presentation and Join Lync meetings intermittently.
· An error occurred the Lync meeting
· Some presenting features are unavailable due to server connectivity issues
1. First check the Lync Front End server and see if any error event logs.
2. Check Event ID: 41032 is logged on FE or not: This event will show Lync Web conferencing server communication with WAC.
Web Conferencing Server Office Web Apps Server (WAC) discovery has succeeded
Office Web Apps Server internal presenter page: https://owa.domain.com/m/Presenter.aspx?a=0&e=true&
Office Web Apps Server internal attendee page: https://owa.domain.com/m/ParticipantFrame.aspx?a=0&e=true&
Office Web Apps Server external presenter page: https://owa.domain.com/m/Presenter.aspx?a=0&e=true&
Office Web Apps Server external attendee page: https://owa.domain.com/m/ParticipantFrame.aspx?a=0&e=true&
3. You can check communication between Lync front end to Edge server:
Web conferencing traffic from Front End Server or each Front End Server if in a pool, to Edge Server internal interface over port 8057.
Netstat –n | find “8057”
4. Check your File share server if it available and working correctly or not. If any issue then correct file share issue first.
5. If you recently moves your file to different server then check permission and republish your topology to get required permission group address for file share.
6. I was seeing frequent event ID: 41027, (Sync Office Web Apps Server with legacy presenter failed, newer clients may have lost sync for PowerPoint presentations driven by the legacy clients.)
7. Lync file share was hung mode and then migrated file share content to new file server under DFS hence not changes and file share path.
a. Verified file share and NTFS permission.
b. File Share permission:
c. Published Topology and to get file share permission reset to correct one.
d. Now check Event ID: 41028.
This is event will show content availability.
e. Now time to check replication.
PS C:\> Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus
Make sure that all server must be uptodate and show as “True”.
You can invoke replication using below
8. Now schedule meeting / do Meet Now and check meeting availability and see content (PowerPoint) sharing is working. PowerPoint successfully uploaded and rendering correctly. Also no error while join meeting.
Summary: In my case Lync file share was malefactor.