Lync for Mac client update to resolves crash issue.
Yesterday Microsoft released new updates for Lync for Mac client. This is big relief for Mac user J
Lync for Mac
Following issues got fixed.
1. Application crash issue fixed. This was hug issue..
2. Fixed the issue where “secondary ringer” option was not saved and reverted after Lync restart
3. Fixed the video distortion issue that could occur on a video call
4. Fixed duplicate contacts showing
5. Fixed an issue where credentials continued to prompt even when entered correctly
6. Fixed issue where O365 users Conversation History was not saving
7. Fixed issue where copy/paste to/from IM window lost text formatting
8. Fixed issue where video preview under Preferences was not displaying
Supported Operating System and requirement:
Mac OS X
Apple Macintosh, Mac OS X
· Operating System Versions: Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or a later version of Mac OS
How to install this update?
First download the updates. Click on Download
To install this update:
1. Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
2. Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
4. Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 3 to place the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
5. In the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update volume window, double-click the Lync for Mac 2011 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
6. If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To remove the update installer, first drag the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
Note: This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open Microsoft Lync, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.