Skype for Business SDN API 2.4.1 installation and configuration Part 4
You can refer below article for SDN general information and installation, this article specifically target lesson learned.
1. Best practice is to install or configure Skype for Business SDN manager without SQL database, Install SDN manager as standalone to minimize the SQL troubleshooting steps.
2. You have to install SkypeForBusinessSDNManager.msi with Administrator rights.
Without Administrator rights you will see below error. “Microsoft Skype for Business SDN Manager setup must be run in an elevated mode”.
3. If you don’t have .NET 3.5 and Service Pack 1 or then you will see below error message while installing SQL Express.
Error - Rule "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is required" failed.
4. While installing SQL Express make sure to check mark LocalDB otherwise after installation you will not see local SQL instance. Refer the below image.
5. While installing Skype for Business dialog listener, If the Dialog Listener service fails to start using network service, it may be necessary to change the Windows service definition and specify different credentials. The network service or the specified user account must be in the RTC Server Applications local group on Skype for Business (Lync) server. Refer the below image. sdn_RTC_grp
6. If you are not seeing data on network management system. Then
Telnet network management device/ controller IP address with port number and see if it allows.
Most of the time Windows firewall block the communication between SDN manager server to network management system or controller. So turn OFF or add allow inbound rule on the windows firewall on SDN manager and network management system.Thank you.