How to download and install Root certificate on Server or Computer?
Sometime you see certificate error on your Skype for Business client when you sign-in, this error is because you are on intranet and computer doesn’t have root certificate install to authenticate. Below are simple steps to download and installed certificate.
You can follow below steps:
1. You must download certificate first before install.
a. On any server or computer running Windows on intranet, click Start, click Run, type http://
/certsrv, and then click OK.
You may ask CA server name to your Admin if you don’t know.
b. Under Select a task, click Download a CA certificate, certificate chain, or CRL.
c. Under Download a CA Certificate, Certificate Chain, or CRL, select Encoding Method to Base 64, and then click Download CA certificate.
How to install Root Certificate?
Assuming that you have CA root certificate downloaded. If not then follow the above steps.
1. On the server or computer where you want to install root certificate, Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC) by clicking Start, clicking Run, typing mmc in the Open box, and then clicking OK.
2. On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in, and then click Add.
3. In the Add Standalone Snap-ins box, click Certificates, and then click Add.
4. In the Certificate snap-in dialog box, click Computer account, and then click Next.
5. In the Select Computer dialog box, verify that the Local computer: (the computer this console is running on) check box is selected, and then click Finish.
6. Click Close, and then click OK.
7. In the console tree, expand Certificates (Local Computer), expand Trusted Root Certification Authorities, and then click Certificates.
8. Right-click Certificates, click All Tasks, and click Import.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Browse to locate the file, and then click Next. (The file will have either a .cer or a .p7b file extension, depending on the encoding that you selected in step 3 of To download the CA certificate.
11. Click Place All Certificates in the following store.
12.Click Browse, and then select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
13. Click Next to verify the settings, and then click Finish.
Now you have root certificate installed on your Server or computer.