Skype for Business on Mac
Yesterday (12/12/2016) Microsoft has published Skype for Business for Mac updated client version is 18.104.22.168, this is second updated version with new feature addition and stability. Old version was 22.214.171.12438.
This new client allows desktop sharing in audio call J which was not working earlier version.
For the best Mac client experience and an always up-to-date infrastructure, Microsoft recommend all customers migrate to Office 365. Skype for Business for Mac client works fine with On-premises Skype for Business server and Lync Server 2013 with cumulative updates.
How to install Skype for Business for Mac client?
If you have Skype for Business for Mac client then you can update it, Start Skype for Business on Mac > then choose Help > Check for Updates and install available updates.
If you have not yet installed Skype for Business on Mac, you can download Skype for Business for Mac Client and double click to install
Newly added Features:
· Video-based screen sharing (VBSS) viewing is available for Office 365. VBSS is technology that allows for a more efficient way of sharing content over the network as compared to RDP.
· Single window mode for Lync Server 2013 users. Skype for Business on Mac already offers a great experience to manage multiple conversations in a single window.
· Skype for Business on Mac will always auto accept IM if it is most active endpoint.
· In audio calls, you can now add desktop sharing.
NOTE: Single window mode is already available for Office 365 and Skype for Business Server 2015 users. However, if EnableIMAutoArchiving policy has been disabled by the admin, single window mode will not be available.
· Skype for Business Server 2015 customers should at a minimum download and install the version 9319.272 or higher.
· Lync Server 2013 customers should consider upgrading their installation to Skype for Business Server 2015, or downloading the latest version 5.0.8308.974 or higher.
Note: An issue was discovered in the Lync Server 2013 November 2016 Update (build 8308.974) that causes contact searches on mobile clients to return no results. Because of this issue, the November 2016 Update is no longer available for public download. The Skype for Business team is working on a fix that is scheduled to be delivered soon in a new update.