Issue: Unable to join a meeting from Lync 2013 or Skype for Business on iOS 10.0 or later devices.
Error: no error message.
When user the try to join a meeting from the Lync or Skype for Business app. For example, you click the "Join Meeting" link in an email message or calendar appointment in iOS device to join meeting however instead of launching Lync or skype for Business app it will open in web browser.
Basically, when you click on Join meeting link, it will start the desktop version of the website instead of the mobile version. The mobile version would try to start the Lync or Skype for Business app and join the meeting, or redirect you to the app store if it cannot join the meeting. The desktop version will not try to start the app.
In order to this issue, install one of the following updates based on the version of your Microsoft Skype for Business Server or Microsoft Lync Server:
- Install the November 2016 cumulative update 6.0.9319.272 for Skype for Business Server 2015, Web Components Server.
- Install the November 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.974 for Lync Server 2013, web components server.
To workaround this issue if you have Lync 2013 for iPhone, Lync 2013 for iPad, or Skype for Business for iOS installed, follow these steps:
- Tap Meetings.
- Tap the title of the meeting that you want to join.
- Tap Join Meeting.
Note: This workaround applies only to organizers and attendees who have Lync 2013 for iPhone, Lync 2013 for iPad, or Skype for Business for iOS installed. If you don’t have any of these apps installed, if you're on a Lync Server 2010 environment, or if you're a federated or anonymous attendee who is external to the organization, follow these steps to join the meeting:
- Copy the meeting URL from the meeting invitation.
- Go to the following webpage, and then paste the URL that you copied in step 1 into the text box on that webpage: http://aka.ms/skypemeetingjoin-ios
- Tap Join Meeting.