Security Update (15.15.9) for Skype for Business (Lync) Room System.
Recently Microsoft released security updates 15.15.9 to remediate vulnerabilities reported.
Customers who has deployed the Crestron RL, Polycom CX8000, and SMART Room System machines on their environment are strongly recommended to apply the 15.15.9 as quickly as possible to ensure the integrity of these systems. These systems are based on Windows 7.
Above security update resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1:
· MS17-022 Security update for Microsoft XML Core Services
· MS17-021 Security update for DirectShow
· MS17-020 Security update for Windows DVD Maker
· MS17-019 Security update for Active Directory Federation Services
· MS17-018 Security update for Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers
· MS17-017 Security update for Windows Kernel
· MS17-016 Security update for Internet Information Services
· MS17-013 Security update for Microsoft Graphics Component
· MS17-012 Security update for Microsoft Windows
· MS17-011 Security update for Microsoft Uninscribed
· MS17-010 Security update for Windows SMB Server
· MS17-008 Security update for Windows Hyper-V
How to install security updates to Skype for Business Room System?
There are multiple ways to install updates on Skype Room System:
a. You can install updates “Online updates” method:
Your Skype Room System device must have Internet access, to download updates from Microsoft site.
1. Log on in Administrator mode by using administrator credentials. To restart in Administrator mode.
2. In meeting mode, select Options on the pre-meeting screen.
3. To display a request notification for credentials, select Settings. Enter administrator credentials when you are prompted.
4. At the Windows logon screen, enter your administrator credentials to display the Admin Console.
5. Click the Web Updates tab. Under Microsoft updates, select Download from Microsoft Update server.
6. Under OEM updates, select Download from OEM server.
To update automatically during the daily maintenance time, select the Automatic updates check box under Update frequency.
7. Click Apply and Restart to save your changes.
Note: If you change any settings, and you want to apply updates manually, follow these steps:
8. Click Apply & Restart.
9. Restart the device, and then log on in Administrator mode by using administrator credentials.
10.Click the Web Updates tab again.
11.Select Check Updates and Install.
12.Click OK to restart the device when you are prompted.
b. Intranet updates using offline download for system which don’t have internet access. Use manufacture guidance.
c. Setup HTTP server. Refer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3215022/skype-for-business-december-2016-cumulative-update-for-crestron-rl,-polycom-cx8000,-and-smart-room-system-kb3215022Thank you.